Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New Orleans Kids


When I lived in New Orleans, I didn't take many pictures, which I now regret. Life was just so crazy and surreal that it was engaging enough to live it, much less document it. But I did shoot a couple rolls, and, a number of years later, a friend of mine ran across some negatives I'd sent her to develop. She sent them back to me, and this is one of the shots. I was wandering around the Garden District, if I remember right, and they kids insisted I take their picture. Who was I to argue? This was long before Katrina, and those kids are probably adults now. I wonder where they are and what they're doing. I wonder if they're still alive. They certainly were on a humid day in 1988.

As I only had one camera when I lived there, and I know the film type from the negatives, this was shot with a Canon AT-1 on Kodak Tri-X. Which is about as old school as it gets.

No comments: