Wednesday, May 21, 2008

angels+demons

This is a cross-post from my other blog, splattsights, which is devoted to my work as a photographer.

For awhile, I've been working on a photo series called angels+demons where I have actors, models, or other interested folk choose whether they want to be an angel or demon, then see how they interpret the concept. So far, results have been very rich and the project's been a lot of fun. I've got the lighting just where I want it, and it's been a total kick seeing how much the sitters bring to the session; it feels like a true collaboration.

I'm on hiatus until July, when I hope to pick it up again and continue shooting into the fall, with the goal to be a show at some point, but, for now, here's a sample from the project. The model is Cassie Skauge, demon.

No comments: